- This is the mid-height (.350" tall) rear sight for the Novak LoMount dovetail cut
- Available in plain black with either .140" wide Square Notch or .170" wide "U" Notch for rapid sight acquisition
- Both widths available in T2 Night Sight configuration
- Flat rear blade with 50 lpi serrations to reduce glare
- All edges and corners machine radiused for snag-free comfortable carry. Will not cut your hand during "over-hand" slide lock manipulation like some competitors sights
- Flat front face in adequate size to "hook" on belt, holster, boot heel, etc. for one-handed slide manipulation
- 8-32 set screw for added security in dovetail
- Made in the USA
The HD-004.5 family of rear sights are made to have a blade height of .350" and will easily replace other brands of the same height.
My HD-004.5 rear sights will fit the popular Novak LoMount ® dovetail, which is found on factory supplied fixed sight offerings by Springfield Armory, such as the EMP-4, the Range Officer Elite fixed sight pistols and others. The mid-height is my personal recommendation for use on all Commander-length pistols.
My HD-004.5 sights will fit your slide with minor hand fitting of the sight, if the correct sight cut is already made; otherwise your slide will need to have the .495" X 65 degree sight cut machined.
NOTE: The HD-004.5 sights DO NOT fit: Kimber, Para Ordnance, or S&W 1911s.
Please Read and Print Out Installation Instructions and Zeroing / Locking Down Instructions, located in the Instructions Section
I recommend the .140" notch width be paired with a .125" wide front sight and the .170" notch width be paired with the .145" Trijicon HD, but it can be used with a .125" front to get am amazingly fast sight picture that tired old eyes really appreciate!