Test fired only - this .45 ACP Colt Combat Commander is a top tier Harrison Design custom 1911. This pistol was built to the Peerless package specs with a few extra features.
- Slide to Frame fit is tightened and hand lapped for maximum contact in bearing surfaces with smooth operation and no play.
- Kart match barrel and EGW bushing tightly fitted for superb accuracy and reliability.
- Custom H-D rear sight low mounted in Heinie cut with custom machined dovetail front sight, with white bead
- Slide is flat topped with a radius border cut and serrated 40 lpi.
- Slide's spring tunnel radii are machined to .250" radius ball cut profile.
- French borders machined in deluxe interupted pattern
- Beveled cuts machined to slide's bottom edges
- Lower and flute the ejection port, relieving front edge to clear live rounds.
- Rear of slide, frame, ejector and extractor are blended together and serrated 50 lpi.
- Breech face polished and firing pin hole lightly beveled.
- Heavy duty extractor fitted and tuned.
- EGW oversize firing pin stop fitted to a snug fit to eliminate extractor "clocking" and the risk of a loose firing pin stop falling down, jamming the gun.
- EGW extended ejector fitted and Loc-Tited in place.
- EGW thumb safety fitted and Carry Beveled to remove all abrasive points.
- CMC High-grip beavertail grip safety fitted to a hairline joint with the frame and sensitivity adjusted for proper operation in blocking the trigger.
- EGW bar stock slide stop properly fitted to avoid premature slide lock-back. Underside of pad serrated 40 lpi
- Slide stop shortened, re-radiused and countersunk flush with frame.
- Harrison Design bar stock plunger tube staked in countersunk holes and Loc-Tited in place.
- 3# crisp trigger job using Harrison Design tool steel slotted Commander hammer, sear & disconnector with Wolff springs and Harrison Design short solid aluminum trigger
- Front strap machined for high grip, trued to remove high / low spots then machine checkered, hand finished 25 lpi, full coverage.
- Legacy Custom flat main spring housing fitted and beveled into frame for seamless entry of magazines and checkered 25 lpi to compliment front strap
- Lower rear of frame reshaped to Round Butt
- Heinie mag well fitted and blended to frame
- All corners beveled and lightly melted to retain the original lines, yet remove all unwanted abrasive points
- Hand made custom Desert Ironwood grips wrapping the Heinie mag well
- King's narrow slot grip screws with slots indexed and numbered
- Harrison Design extended magazine catch fitted
- Dust cover marked "Custom by J Harrison"
- Finished in polished blue with matte rounds
For questions, or to purchase, please contact john@HarrisonCustom.com